Full-time or Part-time Associate Veterinarian Wanted
Are you looking for mentorship and support in a collaborative environment?
Are you looking for a meaningful career, where every team member is important?
Does providing the best pet care possible matter to you?
At the Shediac Veterinary Hospital, Our Passion is Pets.
As an independent, privately owned modern small animal hospital, our veterinarians are imperative to our success. We promote a family-like culture and we believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through our remarkable care for pets. We also promote well-being by providing an outdoor private patio for our team members to eat lunch or just to take a short “mental break” from the busy day in addition to our indoor kitchenette. Monthly treats and/or cakes are enjoyed as we celebrate
birthdays and other special events. We offer a high CE budget to promote personal and professional growth, a signing bonus and extensive benefits package. Best of all, there are no on-calls!
We are seeking a full or part-time highly motivated veterinarian with a positive attitude, who share in our team’s values of providing quality care. To be our ideal candidate, you must be a team player who demonstrates compassion and care to clients, patients, and co-workers alike. You must be reliable, and flexible. This position requires a strong work ethic, good follow through, great client communication skills and a willingness to continuously self-improve. New graduates are encouraged to apply and will be mentored throughout their career by our experienced veterinarians.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
– Positively contribute to the team
– Conduct themselves professionally and respectfully with a diverse team and clientele
– Have open communication with co-workers, colleagues and management
– Create a welcoming environment for our patient and clients
– Provide excellent customer service
– Provide preventative care, surgery and emergency medicine to our patients
Our hospital includes an in-house lab, and comprehensive services, which includes:
– Ultrasound, digital full body and dental radiology
– Blood, urine, fecal and digital cytology analysers
– Surgical and dental suites
– Fear Free Certification (individual)
We value your health and well-being, as well as those of your pets. With our team you will be provided with the following benefits:
– No emergency on-call and all statutory holidays off
– High Continuing Education Budget and paid time off to attend CE events
– Competitive wages and a signing bonus
– Paid Licencing fees (NBVMA/CVMA), VIN & Fear Free Memberships, and a yearly uniform allowance
– Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
– Extended Health Care – Psychology, Physio, Chiro etc.
– Heavily discounted veterinary care and pet supplies
Requirements and Assets:
– Language requirements: English is essential. French speaking is not mandatory but considered an asset.
– Available for rotating Saturday mornings from 9am-12:30pm (average 1 per month)
– Experience required with word processors (MS Word or similar)
– Experience required with email management systems (MS Outlook or similar)
– Required: Vaccinated for Covid-19
If you are seeking an opportunity with a team that inspires growth, learning and working in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you.
Send your resume and cover letter through this posting or to our amazing office manager and RVT, Jennifer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to our owner, Dr. Rachelle Gagnon at: email@example.com.
We strive to provide the highest quality of care to patients through our community-focused practice. Visit us at: www.shediacvet.ca , Facebook or Google.
The Shediac Veterinary Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.