Are you looking for experience in another industry or for hands on experience in a growing industry? Do you like to travel to beautiful locations and meet new like-minded people? If you are passionate about animal care and looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your career, then this is the role for you!
We are recruiting for a Fish Veterinarian to join the Mowi Canada East team. Location is flexible and can be based out of our operations on the South Coast of NL or out of St. George, NB with frequent travel throughout Atlantic Canada.
New graduates are encouraged to apply as we have a very supportive team of Fish Health experts with strong collaborative team discussion and staff to help smooth the transition into your new career!
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Director of Fish Health & Welfare, this is a key position responsible for ensuring the best health and welfare of our salmon in a sustainable and efficient way. In this role you will provide a high degree of advice and experience in maintaining the company’s high standards of fish health management. The main job duties of this role include, providing veterinary care of farmed Atlantic salmon, responding to emergency needs, conducting biosecurity audits and offering evidence based decision making, ensuring regulatory compliance, coordinate with federal and provincial agencies to prepare response plans for disease outbreaks and other adverse events, promote a safe and positive work environment.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate will have farmed fish aquaculture experience and willing to work in a team and business environment. They would have:
– National Veterinary Board Examination Certificate of Completion
– Eligible for licensure in Atlantic Canada
– Record and document management proficiency
– Respect for the need for safe working practices
– Well-developed English verbal and written communication
– Ability to work safely and effectively in challenging outdoor weather and travel to sites by boat
– Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job
– Ability to respond to and be on stand-by for emergency needs
– Prepared to travel to all of our locations throughout Atlantic Canada
– Valid Driver’s License
WHAT WE OFFER
Along with being part of a global industry leader, in a growing industry, we offer:
– Competitive Salary
– Annual Bonus
– Relocation Assistance
– Paid Licensing Fees
– Matching Company Pension Plan
– Exceptional Health and Dental Flex Benefits Plan including Life & Disability Insurance
– Employee Family Assistance Program
– Wellness Programs including an annual wellness reimbursement
– Opportunity to work and travel with a large global company
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Please apply online at www.mowi.com/people or select the apply for position button.
For informal enquiries contact Gideon Pringle (MD) email@example.com.
Application process will be open until vacancy is filled.
Mowi values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.