Join us at Riverview Animal Hospital – New Brunswick’s premier family practice and 24-hour emergency and referral center care facility. Accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) for over 30 years, we are recognized among the finest in the industry and are consistently at the forefront of advanced veterinary medicine.
We are also a Cat Friendly Practice accredited at the Gold level. Our staff handle and treat cats with understanding, gentleness and respect, and make every effort to ensure each visit is stress-free for clients and their feline friends.
With our continuous growth and the expansion of our facility to almost 12,000 square feet, we are looking for a dynamic Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team of about 65 folks, including 12 veterinarians. Full time and part time positions are available.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
As part of the medical team, you will work in a state-of-the-art facility that’s fully equipped including a CT scanner. You will play a key role in our hospital and will utilize all of your skills, including:
– Working closely with your veterinarian as a team to provide the best care for our patients.
– Collecting samples and performing laboratory tests
– Conducting X-rays and assisting with CT scans
– Preparing animals and operating rooms and monitoring anesthesia during surgeries
– Administering vaccines and medications
– Discharging patients and providing post-operative care
– Filling prescriptions
– Making client follow-up calls
– Keeping meticulous records
Want to know what our team members think? Scroll down to read more.
What You’ll Need to Excel:
– AHT/RVT Diploma (new graduates are welcome)
– Passion for what you do every day
– Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
– A desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
– Strong communication skills, both when dealing with clients and team members
Our Compensation and Perks:
– Signing Bonus
– Health benefits including medical, dental and vision
– Continuing education allowance
– Access to Animal Care Technology online training
– Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
– Outstanding discounts on pet food and services
– Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
To reward you with your choice in careers, when joining Riverview Animal Hospital, you will be eligible to participate in the Emergency Hospital Appreciation Program. Click here to learn more about our annual bonuses, additional “you-deserve-it days” and other perks that you can enjoy both individually and with the rest of the team!
Riverview Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary hospitals are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic and hospital we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!