Employer: Moncton Animal Hospital
Position: Senior Regional Veterinarian
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
771 Mountain Road, Moncton, NB, E1C 2R3
130 Ruelle MacAleese Ln, Moncton, NB E1A 3L9
323 Champlain St, Dieppe, NB E1A 1P2
Hours of Work: 40 working hours per week
● Eligible for discretionary bonuses and salary increases;
● Eligible for accommodation expenses, transportation costs, and relocation expenses;
● Paid vacation/sick leave, Continuing Education (CE) allowance, retention bonus, VIN membership, annual licenses paid;
● Dental Benefits, Disability Insurance, Extended Medical insurance;
● Employee Assistance Program;
● Vision Care;
● Generous pet policy;
● Access to network of over 700 veterinarians
● Malpractice insurance
● Signing bonus
● Production bonus
Planning and Development
● Casting a vision for the management team to execute
● Help gain staff understanding, acceptance and commitment to clinics’ goals and plans.
● Work closely with veterinarians to meet their goals and objectives, both clinical and personal.
● Works with management teams to resolve client concerns, deal with complaints.
● Help the veterinary teams develop clinic wide protocols for common illnesses and procedures.
● Assist in the development and implementation of SOP and best practices to ensure a consistent level of care is given to all clients and patients.
● Deals with complaints and works with the management teams to resolve client concerns.
● Monitor & Provide Feedback: Providing guidance for management teams to follow through with
● Participate in discussions of actual clinic and staff performances to plans with Operations
● Facilitate doctor meetings, prepare notes and distribute information where necessary
● Help identify and create action plans to address opportunities.
● Ensure all clients are confident in the medical services they are receiving and that doctors are following up with their patients in a timely manner.
● Follow up with the veterinary teams to ensure protocols have been communicated and are being followed.
● Act as a role model for professionalism and medical care.
● Help guide, mentor and evaluate veterinary staff in the development of their role so that they are trained to operate at the highest possible level of medicine and client service.
● Establish a culture of collaboration among colleagues for the benefit of patient care.
● Create an environment where team members are inspired to perform at their best.
● Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests
● Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
● Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
● Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
● Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
● Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia
● Actively help build relations to drive awareness of, and loyalty to the clinic through community
presence and involvement.
● In partnership with the Hospital Managers, continually looks for ways to innovate operational
practices to promote the growth of the practices.
● Contribute to the selection of new hires.
● Authorize and oversee the use of narcotics.
Advancing Medical Care
● Oversees surgical and medical cases for DVM’s under mentorship to ensure positive outcomes, accurate estimates and client communication and education.
● Maintains and improves quality of medicine and surgical procedures.
● Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
● Establishes medical protocols.
● Elevate the level of medicine in the hospital through coaching and developing doctors on services we offer.
● Recommendation of hospital inventory.
● 5+ years of experience as a Veterinarian, including 3+ years of experience as a Senior Veterinarian
● 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program)
● Completion of national certification examinations are required
● A provincial licensing in New Brunswick is required or ability to obtain
● Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
● A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
● Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
● Ability to work overnights, evenings and weekends