UNIVERSITY OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
ATLANTIC VETERINARY COLLEGE
The Department of Health Management at the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC), University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), invites applications for a nine-month, full-time term contract position in Farm Service which is a part of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
The candidate will participate in Farm Service veterinary care to food animals in Prince Edward Island. Senior veterinary students will accompany farm service veterinarians during the provision of veterinary care. The candidate will teach veterinary students on farm calls, seminars and in the classroom.
• Provide veterinary services to food animals, cattle, sheep, goats, and swine, including emergency night and weekend duties
• Supervise and teach senior veterinary students when providing veterinary services
• Teach food animal health concepts both in seminars and lecture settings
• DVM or equivalent
• Eligibility for licensure with the Prince Edward Veterinary Medical Association
• Clinical experience with field-based food animal medicine
• Experience teaching in a veterinary program would be an asset
Applicants should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information (including email addresses) of 3 references to:
Dr. Yvonne Elce
Department of Health Management
Atlantic Veterinary College, UPEI
550 University Avenue
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Review of applications will begin on April 15, 2022 and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Desired starting date is as soon as possible after a suitable candidate is identified, ideally in April.
See the full ad at /www.upei.ca/hr/competition/