Fredericton Animal Hospital is searching for a full-time head veterinary technician to ensure our technicians and assistants are working at their full potential to support our doctors to deliver the highest quality patient care.
What You’ll Do:
– Actively supervise our technicians and assistants towards the goal of providing the highest quality patient care and excellent client service
– Ensure established workflows, policies and protocols are being followed
– Coordinate training, coaching and mentoring, continuing education and performance reviews
– Occasionally perform the duties of a technician in order to keep skills current (for example, for vacation coverage)
The Person We Need:
– Has 3+ years full time experience as a veterinary technician and is interested in management and supervision
– Has graduated from an accredited veterinary technology program
– Is an RVT or equivalent (an accreditation is not required, but is an asset)
– Has strong leadership skills/experience and loves working with others.
– Has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and a friendly, patient and positive attitude
– Is detail oriented and highly organized
– Can work a flexible schedule to accomplish the required responsibilities
A fun team-based work environment, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a chance to develop your skills to help animals have long, happy and healthy lives.
– Generous compensation based on experience and qualifications
– Paid vacation plus paid sick days
– Paid uniforms
– Staff discount and group health plan (prescription drug, dental, vision) provided
– Continuing education opportunities
To apply, please visit www.fah.ca/careers